Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Maximo: Ghosts to Glory storyboards (part 3) - the Epic Conclusion!

 

SPOILERS!

The big plot twist of Maximo: Ghosts to Glory had already been devised by creative director Dave Siller by the time I got to the project. In it, Maximo realizes that his queen Sophia - whom he believed had betrayed him - was actually a horrible demon-creature, that he ends up fighting as the final boss of the game. 






Maximo is despondent, thinking that Sophia has been transformed into the demon Queen he just defeated, but Grim points out that she is still alive... which I thought set up the sequel nicely.

 










The storyboard ends with my nod to that classic film Casablanca - a film which I had fallen in love with while in film school (and might have even colorized in my first job out of college - d'oh!) 

 
The series went on to have a sequel - Maximo vs. Army of Zin - let me know if you want to see those storyboards in the comments!

I hope you enjoyed this rare look at the making of Maximo: Ghosts to Glory!



No comments: