Saturday, September 12, 2009

Six for six!

I was shopping at a local Toys R' Us today and I saw a promotional kiosk selling older PS2 games for $9.99 ($5 off if you buy two!) - one of the games being sold was Maximo vs. Army of Zin, a game I was lead designer on while at Capcom. I picked up a copy to send to a relative but then I noticed something... it was a "Greatest Hits" version.



For those of you who don't know, Greatest Hits status is awarded to games that sell over a half a million units. It had always bugged me that Zin never reached Greatest Hits as I think it is an excellent game. Well, now all six playstation games that I contributed to the design of are all greatest hits! (Pac-Man World, Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness, Soul Blade, Maximo, Maximo vs. Zin and God of War)

Hooray!

2 comments:

T. Ryan Arnold said...

woah woah woah. woah....woah. You worked on design for Soul Blade? I logged many an hour with the dorm mates on that one. I assume that was the PSOne version? Man what a great game. It was from that game that we coined the phrase "Taste of the Bootleather!" after which I had named my blog of a few years back.

God that is almost as good as the Galaga story.

Scott Rogers said...

While I can't take credit for the game itself (which was obviously done in Japan), I did write the story mode. That was a lot of text...