Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Presenting Castle Climbers!


This weekend I attended the always awesome ProtoSpiel show in San Jose, CA. It's a great event where game designers playtest their latest games. It's an amazing way to get lots of great feedback on your game design.


My "marquee" game this year was Castle Climbers - a family game with beautiful art by my daughter Evelyn. The BoardGameGeek description of the game reads:

Building the castle is easy! Climbing it is the hard part! Be the first fantasy hero to climb up the castle walls in pursuit of fabulous treasure. But beware of the monsters and misfortunes that can knock you back down!

In Castle Climbers, players lay tiles to build up a fantasy castle that they climb with their character. Players use action points to move their characters and roll dice and play item cards to battle the monsters that bar their way. Win and you keep moving. Lose and you drop back down! The first player to collect 100 gold wins the game!

One of my favorite things about the game is how different each of the castles ends up. Here are just a few castles from the show.







Eduardo Baraf of Gaming with Edo gave me an opportunity to pitch the game at the show. If you want a brief overview of Castle Climbers, watch below! 


I will be bringing Castle Climbers with me to Gen-Con 2018. If you are interested in learning more, feel free to e-mail me!

No comments: