Monday, February 25, 2008

Didn't anyone see my talk?

So, I get back from GDC looking forward to seeing what people thought. Here is a sampling of the e-mails I recieved:

Hello Scott,

I hope your talk went well at GDC. Unfortunately, I had meetings thus could not attend.


Hrm. Not off to the best start. But there was hope on the horizon... another e-mail...

Hey Scott,

Sorry I didn’t get to see your talk. I got there around 2:35 and the room was full and I was 30-40th in line for getting in.

I hope it was good. I’ll check out the powerpoints online for sure


Drat. OK, maybe this third one will be better...

Hi Scott!

I just wanted to say I tried attending your boss battle session, and I don't know if you know this, but it was PACKED full! There was a line of 50+ people outside. I was able to stand around outside and see for a few seconds, but unfortunately there was no way I was getting in. Would you have the slides up anywhere? The bit I got to see had me really curious!Anyway, it was great to meet you and congrats on the successful talk! Hope to see you next year!

As I was already inside, I had no idea there was such a big line! Thanks for trying to get in, everyone. Sorry if you couldn't! (I guess I better post that talk...)

1 comment:

bwana said...

Your talk was one of the high points of the show for me. It was very inspiring and exciting, and reflected a lot of experience which was very generous of you to share with the crowd.

Honestly, I wondered how you'd follow up on something as slick as Tim's "10 keys" speech, but you really ended up outshining it.